The Time Machine - SSP History
Welcome to Silver Stage Players history page!
Creating community through art has been a core value of SSP from its humble beginnings, over eighty years ago. Silver Stage has a storied history of turning local, community theater into community gathering places.
From Broadway musicals to the cutting edge of literature, to radio theater the local group has continued a pursuit of offering the finest theater in the area. The Silver Stage Players is truly a community theater group. The company has always made a point to better our city through community service, advocacy, activism, arts education, and outreach.
On this page we feature blasts from the past. From photographs, to news articles, to mentions of friends then and now, we both share history and solicit history. If you have a piece of SSP history please feel free to share it with us.
SSP would like to thank the Elko Daily Free Press for having a searchable archive. Our Historian signed up for an archive subscription and it has uncovered many references to the company, its volunteers, and members. Thanks again Free Press for helping us out!
- Appearing in the Saturday, February 29, 1992 edition of the EDFP - Featured in the Rewrite's "25 YEARS AGO" section. This Rewrite article mentions, "corrie Urriola and george Morley are busy preparing their lines for "The Gazebo," a delightful comedy-mystery for the whole family to be performed Friday and Saturday nights at the Elko High School auditorium by the Silver Stage Players." More information was also written about. EDFP Article 02/29/1992 (PDF).
- Appearing in the Saturday, October 31, 1992 edition of the EDFP - Featured in the Rewrite's "25 YEARS AGO" section. This Rewrite article mentions, "To show their appreciation for the support given their efforts in the past the Elko Silver Stage Players have offered to Elko theatre goers season tickets for the 1967-68 season." EDFP Article 10/31/1992 (PDF).
- Appearing in the Thursday, October 26, 1995 edition of the EDFP- . Featured front page article regarding the 1995 Elko Jaycee Nevada Day Parade. Silver Stage Players is mentioned regarding its parade entry. EDFP Article 10/26/1995 (PDF).
- Appearing in the Thursday, June 1, 2017 edition of the EDFP - Featured as the section's lead story, "Bard in the Yard back for 4th year", the article details SSP's outdoor Shakespeare project along with volunteers, show dates, and selected excerpts. EDFP Article 06/01/2017 (PDF).
- Appearing in the Thursday, October 12, 1995 edition of the EDFP - We pay honor to former member Mr. Edwin R. Jensen who volunteered for many organizations, including SSP. Thank you for your membership. EDFP Article 10/12/1995 (PDF).